30.8.08

Of these things I am sure...

1. I will always get marker on my hand if the cap is off. Sometimes even if it is on.
2. God made sure I had money to buy new backpacks for the older kids.
3. I will miss some things about El Paso: Sunrise walks, evening walks, phone call walks, family members, Saturday morning breakfast with my Tito and Tita, being late to every single one of those, being a place with so many people with so much love, city lights from Transmountain, making sahara ride in my dirty car at least weekly, live music at my Starbucks, driving fast and talking on my phone on Bliss and feeling like I am sticking it to the MPs, weekend adventures, living by myself, Yoga, HCC, Chi Alpha, all of the beautiful Sarah's in my life!, reading blogs all day and getting paid, foreign soldiers, watching AIT marching to lunch.
4. I love sitting by the window on a plane.
5. I want to live in Colorado again, eventually.
6. I will miss some things about ND: the stump, Club BFF, laying in the grass, The Channing Tatum, too many people to list, being hate boys with my roommates, ISI, retreats, cancelled classes, making the freshmen be friends with me, the first snow (but only the first one), getting packages, riding my bicycle, GCC, the 3 year olds, HH, Lauren Bible Gatewaying me, Lauren making me be a sane person, being surrounded by lovely, lovely people.
7. I have a lot to figure out about life and love.
8. I never want to not want to sail or climb mountains.
9. I see God in the sunrise.
10. I love remembering inside jokes and making people laugh.
11. I don't talk or think like a normal person.
12. There are many things more important than sleeping.
13. The man I marry will have to resemble my Dad in some way.
14. I will be a very scared mommy.
15. I am too young to be asking if there were kids before the divorce.
16. I refuse to settle.
17. It scares me that I might not ever be ready to settle down, be responsible for human life or find fulfillment in a job that will help support a family.
18. I've spent too much time being fake about things.
19. Honesty is probably the best policy, even if it hurts.
20. Africa will be hard for me.
21. My style is stuck somewhere between the ages of 12 and 15.
22. I'd rather turn 21 with the orphans than getting shwasty at the Feve.
23. I hope that never changes.
24. If we don't get along at first, that probably means we will be best friends. I usually first hate the things I end up loving.
25. I won't look you in the eye. Not because I'm intimidated, but because I concentrate better when my focus is elsewhere.
26. I have no idea what I want to do with my life.
27. I do know that I never want to grow up or grow out of the 'phase' of caring more about people than money, more about love than success, more about purpose than expectations, more about God's will than someone else's master plan, and more about dancing than who's watching.
28. I am not willing to cook chicken for anyone.
29. I think you should eat snow ice cream your brother makes for you, walk down some of the stairs at the Eiffel Tower, feel bad for the people running to catch their flight, but also giggle a little because in no other public situation is running like that really an ok thing to do, prepare and serve meals to people you have never met before, and don't judge them for being there to eat that meal, not base your political opinions on e-mail forwards, go out of your way just to make people smile, see God in the little things, dance in the rain, call old friends and hold hands the right way.
30. It's ok not to always know why, where or when.

kb

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Kassi,

I love when you make lists. I think that you will be a "list person" when you grow up...where is the grocery list? where is my to do list? where is my favorites list? Honey, where did you put your to-do list? lol. I love it! : D

I am going to MISS you!

Ash

Anonymous said...

Don't kid yourself. You know you would much rather get schwasty at the feve.

Anonymous said...

i also miss live music at starbucks. oh! i thought u should know that we might get to play a song with Jayden's Playground cuz she was my orch teachers student. i think that will be fun.