13.8.08

The Meadows

My dumb friend Andrew told me that Las Vegas means 'the meadows'. I mostly believe him because he won some sort of award for how good he is at looking stuff up online. I mostly don't believe him just because he is a brat and asked me if I had ever heard of Wikipedia, which obviously I have.

Anyway, here is Wiki proof if you are still doubting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Vegas,_Nevada

I played Rock Band with some of my cousins last night at my aunt's house (oh hey family members!) and I am ballin at the drums on that thing. For reals. It was good times. I also went to sushi with my other aunt and that was a GOOD decision. I was impressed by my family's overall sushi eating ability. (Hey little cousin who gave me grief for writing about myself online- I just wrote about YOU online, how do you feel about THAT? : ) ) I did not spend as much time with my family this summer as I was hoping and won't be able to spend much time with them over the next year or so, but if you are one of my family members know that I freakin love you to death, even if I am bad at keeping in touch when I'm at college (and if I do bad things like that hand balloon blowing skill I accidentally taught some of your children yesterday, or poking people in the cheek, or that they all say 'shut it' now). In the meantime let's do fun things until I leave : ) You all are one of the reasons that part of my heart will always be in the TX.

The reality of what it will mean to be out of the country and away from school, family and friends is starting to hit a little harder. I will be going back to school as everyone is moving in and moving on to a new year without me. I have established a new life at Notre Dame and it is sometimes unbearable to think about leaving that behind. But I know that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and talking to Sarah (who is home now and a BEAUTIFUL human being) has made me more excited about what I am leaving everything I know and love behind for.

On a lighter note, I am certain that I am going to miss a lot of the holidays that we celebrate in the US and I don't mean 'miss' like I'm going to be sad, I mean like I won't know they are going on. If you know anything about me you know I have a horrible memory and if you are Lauren then you know the one thing I absolutely cannot remember is numbers. I can barely remember my own birthday. It will be interesting to see if I can forget things like Valentines Day and St. Patricks Day and those other silly things that I only know are happening because people talk about them. You might think I'm joking, but I'm not. I actually don't know what day of December Christmas is on and I have to text Ash every year and ask when my Dad's birthday is. True story. Also Ash's birthday is on the 30th? 31st? I've only known her for almost 10 years. Yeah, this is a real thing. Thank the Lord for Facebook. You probably think I'm a bad friend because I didn't send you a present or call you on your birthday, the honest truth is that I will never know when your birthday is, I simply cannot remember. I'm sorry if that offends you. It is just the truth. Also it is the way God made me, so you can take it up with Him : )

kb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"some award"....don't downplay 1st Place in the state of Indiana in the 1997 Division B Science Olympiad Surfin the 'Net State Competition.

I hear he defeated high school freshmen even though he was only a 6th grader at the time. Doesn't sound so dumb to me.

And honestly, it was literally the first words of the wikipedia article. Do you even know how to use the internet?