9.9.08

Give the people what they want...


This is going to be short. Packing for 18ish kids to go on a trip for 5 days is proving to be a challenge. I stole away for a little while because I am exhausted. I have been with the kids all day and it is late for me (8:51 pm. i know, right?) and I am getting grouchy. We are leaving for Cape Town super early tomorrow morning and we still need to finish packing the kids, make sandwiches and I need to pack for myself (think typical family vacation on CRACK). We will drive for 6ish hours tomorrow, spend the night somewhere and finish up the drive on Thursday. To Cape Town we are taking a big bus with a drive and everything and we are taking most of the Mamas and leaving the babies. I am excited! More tired, but I'm sure I'll get there.

My Dad requested some follow up details on the Zoo trip (he actually used the phrase 'the people want to know' I don't know who 'the people' are, but I will give them what they want...). The zoo was typical for a small city in South Africa. It was small, but happy and about matched the attention span of our kids. We were only there for about 2 hours and we saw monkeys, lions, birds, snakes, otters, giraffes, more monkeys, ducks aand...that about covers it. Also we get around in our trusty little kia (pictured) and the quantum so we are pretty legit. They are basically just big vans. I have yet to drive one. Maybe eventually. Also: There is currently a sewage problem somewhere near my room...so my room smells like a sewer, but what can you do? You can't smell it after you've been in there about 10 minutes anyway...Also my dad bought me some ridiculous alarm clock that announces the time every hour and does nothing at the time when the alarm is supposed to go off, so I'm going to try and do something about that eventually...


I need to go help get ready for the trip! Also I am tired and I didn't proof read or edit this and I just refuse to, so please refrain from judging me.
LOVE
kb

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the people want to know more about the sewage smell.

Kristi said...

I would never judge...

Happy trip!

Anonymous said...

i smelled the sewage smell when i was there- just fyi, haha. also, keep breathing. also, you are beautiful, and everything you are doing is beautiful. oh wait, and i love you. have so so so much fun in cape town. you have no idea how many times khanyisa asked me to go to cape town.

Anonymous said...

also, i can drive that care. i'm kind of a big deal :)

Anonymous said...

and some of the other people, especially the ones who never, never judge, want to know about the stares; you promised them 'stares'; now they are not - definately not - judging, but if you please: 'stares'? love, we, the people (the ones who are wondering about - you got it -'stares').

Anonymous said...

So you are one crazy lady, but im not judging you, just giving you my opinion because if i had a blog it would probably look like this! I am praying for you and told my friends and they pray with me girlie! The kids are adorable, and the trip will be awesome, even if its exhausting!