7.9.08

Amile


Church, zoo, airport and PIZZA. Big day. All morning I kept asking the kids if they were excited for the zoo and they just kept telling me they were going to eat pizza! We took all of the kids but 4 so getting anywhere with that many is an adventure, but they all made it there and back with only minor injuries (mostly from eachother) and lots of smiles. One thing that I hadn't thought about until we went out was the stares that we get whenever we go somewhere. I think I will just write a whole post on that sometime.

Anyway, the thing today that made the whole trip worth it: Amile's laugh. His laugh sounds a lot like his cry, so it is hard to tell if he is elated or terrified whithout seeing his face. He is a pretty simple guy who seems to still be trying to figure out how he feels about everything and the most random things make him laugh. We were waiting outside for everyone to get out of the bathroom so that we could come home after a loooong day at the zoo and I just kept attacking his stomach and making crazy noises and he was cracking up. So great. I can't give you a good description of his laugh, and if I could put a recording of it here, I would, just know that it is amazing. Also, that is him in that picture, in case you don't have good skills.

Today was long and I am tired. I also decided to wait until after Cape Town before I get an internet card (so at least another weekish, probably more) but look! Two posts in a row!


Love love

KB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh Kassi, I know his laugh, and i love it. and i love you, and i'm beyond jealous of everything you are experiencing. i must e-mail you asap.