21.1.09

Almost Time. Almost Ready. AGAIN.

I am leaving for 5ish months in Egypt tomorrow morning. Here are a bunch of random things I have to say before that happens.

* Packing for five months out of the country is easier the second time around.
* Leaving people you love for five more months is almost harder the second time around.
* Some of you have not seen my facebook pictures from South Africa (family memberrrrs. I love you. I'm glad I got to see you.)
Christmas In Africa http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2192754&l=c4d54&id=5619188
Am I beautiful? Yes I am. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2192757&l=3a311&id=5619188
Christmas In Africa 2 http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2192755&l=e4b7e&id=5619188
Barbees In Africa http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2192503&l=198aa&id=5619188
Africa 3 http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2192489&l=6af2f&id=5619188

And that should be all of them.

I love you all TONS. Leaving is hard. Right now Egypt is a little bit more of a mystery to me than South Africa was when I left and I really don't know what to expect which is making it hard for me to be excited.

Let's be honest- I don't want to go, but I'm doing it anyway. I know that this is what God is asking me to do, regardless of how I am feeling about it. I fully expect Him to meet me there and to do amazing things with my time.

My Dad and I are having a Chipotle and Margarita father/daughter last night at home event. We are also watching the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, because I have a good father and I really want to see that movie before I leave in the morning.

Off to new adventures...
With love
kb

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Ah! I've always wanted to see that movie, too! But no one has been cool enough to see it with me. : ( Kassi Barbee, you are going to have a WONDERFUL time! Think of the sights! You'll be experiencing over 4000 years of history!! Amazing! And when it gets ridiculously hot or dry or just not fun, you can just remember the Israelites who were there for 430 years...now THAT would have been a bummer...

:[]

I LOVE YOU!!

Ashley

&&

Anonymous said...

I am just a "good father" how about "Great" father...well if I am only a good father then you are just a good daughter - right?

Bob said...

No. 7 (to whom you "owe everything", remember? - The Office Out Of Africa - yes, I remember) here, wishing you a great adventure in Egypt and in between. Please put up lots of pictures if you can. Take care. Oh, is No. 7 bad? CLICK HERE. Well. True. It's not No. 1. Have fun amidst the pyramids.

agolab said...

Way to do hard things.