11.10.08

Happy Birthday Siphamandla!

Posting two days in a row? What? Who are you? I know, I know. If you haven't read yesterday's post, do it. Then read this one...

He is 4 whole years old! Siphamandla is almost a professional singer and brilliant and adorable. In preschool we have him with the 5 year olds because he is very smart (only a little behind in his coordination and motor skills). He likes to repeat everything you say and he is tiny but likes to pick fights. And he really does sing loud and proud. If you hear a voice over all the others it is his and if someone keeps going when everyone else stops it is usually him. Happy Birthday Siphamandla!

In other news…today:
The little baby monster threw up on Asekhona. She was holding the baby up in front of her so some of it got in her mouth and all over her face and shirt. Luckily it was mostly water, but still disgusting and absolutely hilarious.
The baby then threw up all over my arm a little less disgusting, just as hilarious. Especially because both times Anesipho (the little 3 month old) had no reaction.
All of the little boys got their hair cut so they are all bald and look like little old men and are absolutely adorable. Siyathemba (who is one of the older boys) learned how to cut hair and that was awesome
The weather was absolutely beautiful all day
I learned how to drive! Our driver who taught me was scared of me when we first started so he drove me out to a field across the road where there was a little road and a bunch of cows. I was so good at driving. I only stalled once and that is because I accidently put it in first instead of third because I could not find third. It was fun and I ended up driving us home on the actual road and I didn’t hit any cows.
I, along with 7 of the kids successfully made 2 birthday cakes and 2 things of homemade frosting (that I thought was disgusting and just tasted like butter, but the kids loved it so I just went with it). Ballerrrr. The first cake was almost a disaster and came out of the pan in about 7 pieces when we flipped it over. The icing was brown and the cake was bumpy so we lovingly named the first one after the road to our farm. The mamas were laughing at me in the kitchen all day long. They laughed at my efforts and my results, but admitted that it all ended up tasting very good and even asked for seconds. They are great.
I accidentally stepped on a worm in my room and it was squishy and gross
I walked all the way across the courtyard with Endinakho only holding onto my pant leg! She is SO close to walking!
I wore a white shirt that ended up with purple spots from the stuff that we put on the kids when they have rashes/sores and brown homemade frosting and spit up and stains from happy after dinner hands and grass and more purple stuff all over it.
I decided that I would rather have a dirty shirt than a clean one any day.

love love
kb

ps. please keep sending me happy e-mails and comments (and snail mail, if that's your thing) because I am still ELATED by them and love remembering that I have a life and some love on the other side of the planet.

3 comments:

Bob said...

These are fun. Keep em coming. Rita was really lucky to have you along when the tiles got slippery, and I am sooo glad SGM turned out to be a good guy. Don't let the bad guys get ya and may you have electricity all day long.

Anonymous said...

Kick Ass and take names.

Anonymous said...

Your papa barbee would be excited that you now know how to drive a stick shift...and he would even be prouder knowing you were driving on the wrong side of the road like he always did in his older years.